20140906 How will ALS Ice Bucket Challenge money be spent?
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. What is ALS? Did you learn anything new about ALS from the ice bucket challenge phenomenon? How effective do you think this campaign is? What are the criticisms of it and what is your opinion?
2. Why has the ice bucket challenge gained so much popularity? What social issues do you care, and what ideas to you have to raise public awareness of these issues? Besides social issues, iEnglish Club also needs to be promoted. Do you have any ideas on how to promote the club?
3. What do you think the ALS Association will do with such an extraordinary influx of money? What would you do if you were in charge of the donation?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (Please share news or any topic you care about this week.)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article.)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)