20140823, Ebola is here: 5 reasons not to panic
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. According to this report, how is Ebola transmitted? Do you think this epidemic will be transmitted to Taiwan? Will you be afraid if this epidemic breaks out in Taiwan?
2. Do you think experimental drugs should be used for Ebola epidemic? If you were infected with this disease, would you like to take experimental vaccines, in spite of the side effects that may exist?
3. What kind of roles do you think the media should play when an epidemic threatens Taiwan? Do you think Taiwan’s media did their duty well when SARS broke out in Taiwan?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (Please share news or any topic you care about this week.)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article.)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)