20140809, What Happens When You Just Give Money To Poor People?
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. What does "sending money with no strings attached" mean? What's the result of the research in the article? Have you ever donated money to charity or specific organizations?
2. How do you make sure the donation is used in efficient ways to help vulnerable groups? Do you have the experience of helping poor people without giving them money directly?
3. Have you ever met or heard any fake beggars? Some people think being a beggar is a professional job, like an actor or a magician, doing some performances to cheat you out of your money. Do you agree?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (Please share news or any topic you care about this week.)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article.)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)