20130817, It’s Amazing to Be a Working Mom in France—Unless You Want a Job
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. Do you think Taiwanese working moms encounter the same difficulties described in the article? What is your observation on the situation of Taiwanese working moms?
2. Taiwan has the lowest birth rate in the world. What is your opinion on the current social welfare policy for Taiwanese working moms? Do you think it really helps women who want to have babies and successful careers at the same time? Do you think more social welfare policies would make things better?
3. What else can be done to mitigate the inequality towards Taiwanese working moms?
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會