1) Please summarize Jennifer Livingston's main points. Do you agree with her that "being kind to others” is important? Why or why not?
2) What’s your definition of bullying? Is teasing, make fun of other people, discriminating against others also bullying? If other people tease you, make fun of you, discriminate against you, how would you feel?
3) Do you think that our behaviors could affect other people (e.g., our colleagues, our kids, or our friends)? What are some ways you'd like to change for the sake of making our society a better place?
4) Have you ever been bullied in school, in the work place, or on the internet? How did you deal with it? Have you ever bullied others? Do you agree with Jennifer that "the internet has become a weapon, our schools have become a battleground"?
5) How do you deal with it when you said something to hurt someone, intentionally or unintentionally? Do you think we have a tendency to judge people based on their appearance, and is this avoidable?
6) In your opinion, is it appropriate for Jennifer Livingston to respond to an email and express her views in a news show? How would you handle this situation if you were in her position?