20140927, Tech Leaps, Job Losses and Rising Inequality
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. Do you work in the technology field? Are you worried about your future job security? What are some major tech layoffs recently?
2. Do you think the field of medicine will ever be replaced by technology? What are some of your predictions? What does the article say about this?
3. Why do you think that technology causes less income to go to the laborers? What does the article suggest about this? Do you think new technologies create demands for more or less workers?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (News/Free talk)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)