20140726, Mobile chat app Line and web services disrupted in China
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. Are there any similar chat apps for mobile phone or PC that are disrupted? Does such a regulation exist in any other countries? What do you think is the reason for the governments to disrupt them? Do you think the regulation serves its purpose?
2. Are there any similar chat apps that are NOT disrupted in China? Can you explain why they are exempted? In countries that do not disrupt them, do you think these apps are being monitored?
3. Please share your experience of using disrupted/forbidden/illegal software/digital content/tools in Taiwan, China or any other countries you have been to.
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (Please share news or any topic you care about this week.)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article.)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)