20140308, Why Taiwanese are getting fed up with the island's salacious, in-your-face media
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. What are the major points raised in the article? Do you agree or disagree with these viewpoints, and why?
2. Please share some examples of good and bad news reporting in Taiwan with your discussion partners. Should the viewers share part of the blame for the media quality?
3. How should people obtain unbiased reporting nowadays? Is it possible? If so, please share some of these methods with your partners.
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會