20140222, Couple raise child as 'gender neutral' to avoid stereotyping
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
- Facebook users will soon be able to choose from a selection of more than 50 gender options, including transsexual , bigender, androgynous, intersex, and genderfluid. What are the differences between transsexual, bigender, androgynous, intersex, and genderfluid? Do you know more gender identifications?
- The Colorado Civil Rights Division ruled that a boy, Coy Mathis, had the right to use the girls’ bathroom because Coy started being identified as a girl as soon as 18 months old. What is your opinion about the news?
- Sasha was raised as a gender-neural and referred as “the infant” until the infant’s real shined through. Do you think it’s a good idea? Do you know any friends with a different gender identification from what the public commonly identify? What do you feel around them?
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會