Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
- In this video, the speaker lists bad situations such as physical health, society trust are going down, and imprisonment, violence are going up. He thinks that they are coming from economic inequality. Do you agree? What do you think with regard to the situation of Taiwanese society?
- The outcome of the speaker's experiment suggests that as people are getting rich, they feel less of compassion and empathy to others. Do you think so? Why?
- What solution does the speaker provide to restore rich people's sense of compassion and empathy? Do you think it would work? How much are you willing to sacrifice your advantages to make the society better if you are rich?
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會