20140208, Shawn Achor: The happy secret to better work
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. When you watch the news, it seems that most stories covered are about murder, diseases, political corruption, and so on. Does this have any impact on you? And do you think the percentage of negative stories, compared with positive ones, is an ideal amount?
2. Is it true that our external world (ex. a wealthy family, good education...) can be predictive of our happiness level?
3. What kind of personalities do you have? Do you agree or disagree that you'll be more successful and then you'll be happier if you work harder?
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會