20131012, Susan Cain: The power of introverts
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
- Do you tend to be introverted or extroverted? Are the introverts forced to be outgoing to fit in at school and society? What are the ideas about introvert's power proposed in the TED speech?
- "Groups famously follow the opinions of the most dominant or charismatic person in the room, even though there is zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas." Sometimes we are under the delusion that the talkative ones lead better decisions. What do you think about groupthink or group polarization?
- "No wilderness, no revelations." Do you enjoy solitude? According to the research, introverts get better grades and are more knowledgeable; introverted leaders often deliver better outcomes than extroverted ones. Do you agree with it?
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會