Session I: Current Events Discussion
1. Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
3. How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
4. Do you believe memory deteriorates as we get older? What does the article say about this? According to the article, what does the term neuroplasticity mean? What does the article say regarding why laughter is good for the brain?
5. How do you remember things well when you have a busy schedule? Have you ever used any mnemonic devices mentioned in this article, such as a visual images, an acronym or the loci method? Which mnemonic device is the most effective for you? Have you created any mnemonic device to help you remember things?
6. Do you like any challenging brain teasers or mental exercises, and if so, can you share some with us? Do you consider games like Candy Crush a brain refresher? What you do or eat to improve your memory? What are some diet suggestions in the article? Please name a few other things that can affect our memory, such as sleep deprivation, stress, etc.
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會