20161105: Whose Lives Should Be Saved? Researchers Ask the Public
Session I: Current Events Discussion
1. Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
3. How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. What will be your primary concern that you will bring to the conversation if you are taking part in the discussion reported in the article?
2.Do you think the discussion in the article will yield meaningful results?
3. If you or one of your loved ones is one of the person who did not receive medical treatment due to the protocol you took part in designing, will you regret designing it?
*If you are really intrigued by this topic, listen to this podcast from RadioLab in collaboration with the author of the article (It is a long and great listen): Podcast Link
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (News/Free talk)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)
場地費:150NTD (Entrance fee of 150 NTD is paid directly to the venue)