20130518, Lack of sleep blights pupils' education
Session I: Current Events Discussion
1. Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
3. How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
4. After reading the article, do you agree that sleep deprivation is a significant hidden factor in lowering scholastic achievements of school pupils? How do you deal with lack of sleep when you're working or studying?
5. Does the bar chart of “sleep deprivation in pupils” match your impressions about these countries? What do you think are the reasons behind this? According to your experiences, how much does sufficient sleep impact test scores on a scale of ten according to your experiences?
6. Do you get sufficient sleep usually? How long do you usually sleep per night? What would prevent you from sleeping well? Can you recommend some tips on how to get a good sleep, such as things to do or not do? Would you be happier sleeping more each day?
Reference TED talk, Arianna Huffington: How to succeed? Get more sleep
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會