Taipei Interactive English Club

Interactive, Innovative, Informative

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 20171022, Outing, Clay Pigeon Shooting @ 林口 (LinKou)

20171022, Outing, Clay Pigeon Shooting @ 林口 (LinKou) 2 years 1 month ago #1221

• Devry Lin
  • Administrator
TL;DR
What we are doing: Clay pigeon shooting at 林口(LinKou), and check out 林口. Would like to have some on volunteer a trip for that.
When: 10/22 - Clay pigeon shooting session starts at 2 PM
Where: 林口頂福靶場 - 新北市林口區頂福66號 (There is a google map of the target range at the bottom of this post). We are looking for drivers to drive us there

For more details, read what's below!

Clay Pigeon Shooting!!

On October 22, I would like to bring people to explore clay pigeon shooting over at 頂福靶場 in 林口. Clay pigeon shooting evolved from hunting parties enjoyed by aristocrats in the late 19th century as leisure activity to the Olympic sport it is now. It is now you chance to show everyone that you're a crack shot or high class! For those of you who has shot guns in military service, this is way different experience. You will be shooting a shotgun against a moving target, thus you will be using a different set of skills.

If words aren't enough, check out the picture and video below.

See how high class they look?!

After this, we will head over to 水牛坑 for its scenery, and finally head back to Linkou Mitsui Outlet for dinner.

More details will be added to the itinerary at time goes on, come back once a while to know more.

Itinerary
TimeItinerary
02:00 PM - 03:00 PMClay pigeon shooting at the target range
03:00 PM - 03:30 PMPick up people at 機場捷運林口站
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM水牛坑/山羊谷/林投厝
06:00 PM - 08:00 PM三井/昕境廣場 for dinner
?????????????Arrive back at home!

About the shooting session:
  1. Price: $575 for the 10 round session, 40 round for $1680 per person. The shooting range offers the price of $550 for 10 rounds and $1000 for 25 rounds given the estimate that 8-12 people can participate
  2. We are shooting real guns! This is one of the places in Taiwan that you can legally handle real guns other than the police and the military.
  3. We are not shooting at real animals. The clay "pigeons" are actually ceramic targets
  4. The shotgun do not have a strong recoil, so even a petite lady may participate
  5. Non-Chinese speakers are welcome as well to the shooting event. Devry can translate safety instructions.
  6. For more information, please take a look at the target range's facebook page Facebook Page or their official website

For those of you not interested in the shooting session, you may still join us as we will have another pick up at 3:30 at 機捷林口站。

Things I need help with:
What to do after the shooting session: I am a very... goal orientated person, thus the shooting session is my priority. Perhaps you would like to share with us things fun things you want to do or have done at 林口? Suggestions are welcomed
What to do after the shooting session: Nice food after shooting is also optional for me. If you want great food, please don't be afraid to give out some ideas
Drivers Needed: Drivers to get us to the target range and get back home! Splitting the oil and parking for the driver is going to be cheaper than getting a taxi!

Driving:
Devry (will be shooting)

Map of Target Range:
Unable to display Google Map.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Devry Lin. Reason: Completing itinerary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

20171022, Outing, Clay Pigeon Shooting @ 林口 (LinKou) 1 year 11 months ago #1234

• anneliu
  • Senior Boarder
Please count me in
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Rita Chen
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds