img from: Link
Session I: Current Events Discussion
1. Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
Session II: Article Discussion
Video Link I A quick rundown of the case, with other resources
Video Link II A quick coverage on the aftermath of the ruling
A show where both sides were interviewed by the same host at different times.
Megyn Kelly TODAY:
The actual oral argument on audio:
1. What happened in this case? How do you feel about it?
2. Can there be a line drawn that balances between the two sides? One being the freedom to exercise religion freely and the other to not be discriminated against in public accommodations.
3. With the upcoming deadline in Taiwan for making adjustments accommodating same sex marriage in government approaching, what problems in the current system needs to be sorted out?
Things that might interest you:
How does the Supreme Count in United States work?
Who was Justice Kennedy? Why is he mentioned frequently in the videos?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (News/Free Talk)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)
18:00 Dinner (each person 300-400 NTD)
場地費:150NTD (Entrance fee of 150 NTD is paid directly to the venue)