1) Have you ever celebrated Thanksgiving? What does the article tell you about Thanksgiving that you didn't know before?
2) What is the most memorable festive meal you have had? For example, please describe the setting, the food, and why it was memorable.
3) According to the article, what were some of the reasons for making Thanksgiving a holiday starting in the 19th century?
4) Who or what are you most thankful for this year? Would you enjoy eating the traditional Thanksgiving dinner? How would you change the food? How did Tom Colicchio critique the dinner? How would he change it?
5) What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? Compare western and our traditions, can you find some similarities?
6) How do you plan on spending your upcoming holidays?