20141004, Gladwell's Outliers: Timing is Almost Everything
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. The article (which is actually a book review) raised several 'coincidences'. Have you observed this kind of 'coincidence'? Could you provide an example?
2. What's the article's implication to us? Or how do we foresee and even leverage the potential 'coincidence', say, to succeed?
3. The last paragraph mentioned that Korean airlines had more crashes and southern white American prone to violence (in the book, it also pointed out that Asian people are overall better at math). Could you try to think the reasons behind?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (News/Free talk)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)