20140816, Cultured Beef: Do We Really Need a $380,000 Burger Grown in Petri Dishes?
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. Have you ever heard of cultured beef? Try explain how it's made to your table members. In what ways is this different from genetically modified food?
2. According to the article, why do we need cultured beef? How will cultured beef be better for the environment? Will it be more humane? Will it help with green house gas emissions?
3. Do you think cultured beef is a more sustainable option for food in the long run? What's the reasonable price you would pay for cultured meat if it's actually producted? Will it change any dietary habits?
iEnglish Club Gathering Agenda
14:30-15:20 Session I: Current Events Discussion (Please share news or any topic you care about this week.)
15:20-15:30 Feedback I
15:30-15:40 Regrouping & Break
15:40-16:00 Speaker Session
16:00-17:00 Session II: Article Discussion (Please MUST read weekly article.)
17:00-17:15 Feedback II
17:15-17:30 Closing (Welcome to have dinner with us!)