20131005,Scheme to limit glut of schools may spell doom for education
Session I: Current Events Discussion
- Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
- What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
- How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
1. According to this article, what is the main reason that private schools refuse to close? What measure may the government take to solve this problem? Do you agree with the government's proposal? Why or why not?
2. What problems may happen if schools have to shut down? Can you suggest any solutions that can lessen the impact of the consequences? Besides shutting down schools, do you have any ideas to save schools from the plight?
3. Please try to analyze the problems within Taiwan's educational system. Do you know any good education system in other countries? Please share with us.
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會 Sat 14.30 - 17.30