Session I: Current Events Discussion
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
3. How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
4. After reading the article, can you name the latest "5 in 5" technologies predicted by IBM? Please list some applications for each of them. Which technology predicted by IBM do you expect will most likely come to fruition and why?
5. Emerging technologies are capable of changing our lives everyday. Please tell us how technology has affected you. How has your life changed from 10 yeas ago? Are the changes for the better or worse? Can you imagine yourself wearing and using something like the Google Glass in the future? Why or why not?
6. For the technologies which came to fruition already in the past few years, which one has been the most impresssive, effective, or helpful to you? What are some of the pros and cons of people depending on technology heavily?
Reference TED talk, Ray Kurzweil: The accelerating power of technology
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會