Session I: Current Events Discussion
1. Please share one of the news or issues that you read about this week. Why were you interested in this particular item?
2. What is the significance of this news or issue? Who or what is it about? Was it reported in the media here? How would this affect our daily lives?
3. How do you think this news or issue will be viewed 10, 100, 1000 years from now? Has a similar event occurred before in history?
Session II: Article Discussion
4. Do you think appearance is important? How does your appearance affect your life? According to the article, research has shown that a strong male chin both attracts mates and predicts future professional success. Do you agree, why or why not? What facial features do you think are attractive? Please name or show some celebrities with these features.
5. Recently, cosmetic surgery has become quite popular in Korea. Some Korean parents may even prepare a "beauty deposit" for their children for future cosmetic surgeries. Did you or your friends ever had a cosmetic surgery? What kind is it? If you have children, will you allow them to have these operations?
6. A traditional Chinese proverb says: "相由心生; 境隨心轉". Do you believe a positive attitude can influence one's attractiveness as well as their appearance, especially the facial features? Through physiongnomy or palm reading, sometimes we may guess a person's characteristics and a little bit about their future. Have you ever tried these before? Have you heard of any interesting ways to tell one's fortune or personality? Please share with us.
Reference TED talk, Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model
iEnglish Club 英文讀書會